What is a MO you might ask?? 🙂 Or maybe you already know, and this post can just serve as a reminder to get your guys to stop shaving for November….start or keep up the tradition of growing a Mo for Movember!!
The month of November, has been unofficially renamed by many as MOvember – in support of men’s health issues.
Here in Canada, Prostate Cancer and the reminder for men to go get a prostate exam, seem to be the mo- majority of our men are mo’ing it all month.
Although, around the world, depression and testicular cancer have become a part of this special month. And I for one, am all for it. Men’s health issues should be just as important and widely known about, as women’s.
We had a scare with my Dad’s health (prostate) a few years ago, and we have all been proud supporters of Movember ever since – and gathering more and more people every year. We have best moustache- funniest moustache- longest moustache etc. And the winners have donations made in their name, to the mens health charity of their choice.
The rules are simple:
The rules of conduct given on the Movember site are:
- Once registered at movember.com each mo bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face.
- For the entire month of November each mo bro must grow and groom a moustache.
- There is to be no joining of the mo to [one’s] sideburns. (That’s considered a beard.)
- There is to be no joining of the handlebars to [one’s] chin. (That’s considered a goatee.)
- Each mo bro must conduct himself like a true country gentleman
(**I personally don`t think you have to sign up…if he is sporting a mo, he is showing support for the cause)
Ok, now that you have been reminded – or made aware…what are you waiting for!! Check out the Mo site 🙂 www.movember.com